- You must be a paid up member of either the British Model Flying Association or the British Drone Flyers to enter.
- There are no restrictions on the type of camera or drone you use, only that any photograph taken must be obtained safely and legally.
- All entries will be narrowed down to a selection of 13 images by a judging panel, with the final 13 being put to a public vote by the BMFA/BDF social media channels.
- You may enter as many photographs as you like, but the judging panel will select only one per entrant to go in to the final round of judging.
- All entries must include:
- Name of photographer
- BMFA / BDF number
- Drone used
- Camera settings
- A brief description
Awards will be given for the following:
BDF Drone Photographer of the Year
Awarded to the person chosen as the overall winner by public vote.
Best Overall Youth Entry
Awarded by the judging panel to the best entry from a ‘Youth’ member.
Best Overall Adult Entry
Awarded by the judging panel to the best entry from an ‘Adult’ member.
Final 13 Runner Up
Awarded to the other 12 persons that make the final round of selection, but are not chosen by public vote.
The final 13 images as selected by the judging panel will be used to create a 2024 Drone Photography calendar, with the overall winner being used for the cover image.
Please use the form below to submit your entries. The final entry date for submissions is the 1st of September 2023. Submissions after this date will not be considered.